Bisous de France! Such are the French, who meet us with warm, inspiring and expressive notes of music and color. French artists amaze the world with their works and centuries-old legacy, and Lithuanian artists still draw the most subtle creative feel from them.
We kindly invite you to enjoy an unexpected French experience of sounds and colors! State ensemble “Lietuva” presents a French-inspired program – music and visual concert “Bisous de France” (Kiss from France). The premiere has already taken place on March 15th at Vilnius Town Hall (Lithuanian translation – Vilniaus rotušė).
The ensemble “Lietuva”, which has surprised with its variety of repertoire so far, has prepared a special surprise for art gourmands – works by G. Bizet, C. Debussy, M. Ravel and other French virtuosos, performed with Lithuanian national instruments. Along with the music, a composition of contemporary dance will be performed, and the special atmosphere will be enhanced by the unique paintings of Lithuanian artists appearing in the video projections, inspired by the epochs of French Romanticism and Impressionism.
Chief conductor and Head of the orchestra: dr. Egidijus Kaveckas
Artists: state ensemble “Lietuva” orchestra
Soloists: Dovilė Kazonaitė and Ilona Pliavgo (soprano), Rūta Raginytė (lumzdelis) and others
Dance solo: Aušra Krasauskaitė
Arrangement: Rūta Raginytė
Video projections: Vesta Obolevičiūtė
Composers and their works: Claude Debussy “Little Suite” (parts 1 and 2), “Arabesque No. 1“ and “Arabesque No. 2”, “La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin”; Georges Bizet op. “Carmen“ (part 3 interlude) and “Farandole” from suite no. 2 “L’Arlésienne”; Jacques Offenbach „Dolls song“ from op. “The Tales of Hoffmann”; Jules Massenet “Meditation“ from op. “Thais“; Leo Delibeso “The Flower Duet” from op. “Lakmé”; Joseph-Maurice Ravel “Bolero”; Gabriel Faure „Après un rêve op. 7, No. 1“.
Authors of paintings: Petras Kalpokas, Kajetonas Sklėrius, Vincentas Dmachauskas, Kanutas Ruseckas, Jonas Rustemas, Antanas Žmuidzinavičius and others
- Claude Debussy. La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin. Ensemble of kankles
- Georges Bizet. Entr’acte from op. Carmen, part 3 interlude. Orchestra of national instruments
- Georges Bizet. Farandole from suite no. 2 L‘Arlesienne. Orchestra of national instruments
- Leo Delibes. Duo des fleurs from op. Lakmè. Soloists Ilona Pliavgo and Dovilė Kazonaitė (soprano), orchestra of national instruments
- Jules Massenet. Meditation from op. Thaïs. Soloist Rūta Raginytė (lumzdelis), orchestra of national instruments
- Jacques Offenbach. Barcarole from op. The Tales of Hoffmann. Dovilė Kazonaitė and Ilona Pliavgo (soprano), Lauryna Labutytė and Eglė Taraškevičienė (kanklės)
- Claude Debussy. Deux arabesques L. 66, No. 1 and No. 2. Ensemble of kankles
- Gabriel Faure. Après un rêve op. 7, No. 1. Dovilė Kazonaitė (soprano), Ramunė Rimšienė (kanklės) and Viktoras Rimša (tenor reed-pipe)
- Claude Debussy. Peite suite L 65. Parts: No. 1 En bateau and No. 2 Cortège. Orchestra of national instruments
- Jacques Offenbach. La Chanson d‘Olympia from op. The Tales of Hoffmann. Ilona Pliavgo (soprano), orchestra of national instruments
- Maurice Ravel. Bolero. Orchestra of national instruments, soloist Aušra Krasauskaitė (dance)